Thursday, June 19, 2008

What a surprise...

So far nothing has been done by the ELCA headquarters in Chicago about gay weddings being performed at ELCA churches in California. Surprised? Not me.

On Fox News' The O'Reilly Factor, Bill asked his guests on Tuesday on why most of America is against gay marriage. The lady guest said that this country follows Christian ideals. The man said that the country always gives way for change, it may take time, but change eventually happens, as was the case in California.

I thought Lutherans didn't like change? Apparently not. Well, the "Lutherans" in California do.

1 comment:

luckeyfrog said...

I think Lutherans' disaffinity for change is not always a good thing, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

This can apply to the ELCA, or Christian faith, or especially, I think, one's individual faith and relationship with God:

Without change, can there ever be growth?